So… this was a heck of a long time ago. March, to be exact.
Heh. Heh. Heh.
Anyways. Moving on from my unavoidable procrastination. I was nominated by the lovely Topaz Winters for the Liebster Award! She’s a friend of mine and currently we’re both stressing out over a project together, and, you know, nothing bonds people like stress. 😛
The Liebster is a blogging award, basically.
1. Each nominee should link back to the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers for this award.
4. Create questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So. Here come the questions.
1. What made you start blogging?
I started blogging first on Saving MacRitchie. There, I use my photography primarily as a tool to raise awareness of the impending fate of MacRitchie Reservoir. Find out more about that on the blog. It’ll take too long and too much ranting to tell you here. But I really started blogging because I wanted to share all the things that I love about nature; all the experiences I’ve had. I want to share the wonder I feel every time I see a new species (or an old one, for that matter), and the sheer joy of discovery: something that applies not only to nature but to much, much more.
2. What’s the best thing you’ve ever written, in your opinion?
Absolutely no idea. I write quite a bit but my best piece? No idea.
3. Hey, you’ve won the lottery! The first thing you buy is…?
Camera equipment. Not that I’m in dire need of it, but if I have a million dollars and nothing to do, hey, why not. But the equipment, though, would only come after hefty donations to my favorite charities: World Wildlife Fund, Whale and Dolphin Conservation, Action for Singapore Dogs, where I got my dog from, and a whole host more.
4. Who’s the most badass fictional character you’ve ever encountered?
Too many. Far, far too many. I’m an avid reader and listing them all would take all day.
5. Name one person who inspires you?
I’m inspired by all the people who’ve devoted their life to nature, and nature conservation; by all the people who care so much about nature. That sounds really cheesy, but it’s the truth. There are so many people doing so much good work and I would love if, one day, I was counted amongst their numbers. If I had to name one person, Sarath Champati, an amazing naturalist who’s actually our neighbour, would be one. Another would be Subaraj Rajuthurai, who’s guided me through MacRitchie and helped me realize the wonders of the forest with his infectious enthusiasm. And another… Forget it. Let’s not bore you all to death just yet.
6. What’s the one song you think would sum up your life so far?
I really love Drops of Jupiter by Train and The Cave by Mumford and Sons.
7. Have you ever written a real paper letter? If so, to whom?
Actually, yes! I’ve been corresponding with my cousin quite frequently and recently I had to actually do a paper submission for a photo contest I entered, and actually teach myself how to burn a CD.
8. What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?
The Galapagos. Period. Full-stop. Not going to say any more.
9. Quote the worst advice you’ve ever been given?
I’d rather not.
10. What makes you insanely, ridiculously happy?
Well, for an example, today we had a field trip to the beach as a school, and someone found a starfish. Immediately I was called over. It’s nice to know I’m regarded as the crazy-nature-person. I also may or may not have had several minor breakdowns when I spot white-throated kingfishers. (Yes, they’re common. No, I don’t care.)
Lavanya at My Nature Experiences
Laura at Laura Macky
And for my questions:
- What gear do you normally use for photography?
- What has been your favorite spotting (sighting of nature)?
- Why do you love nature?
- Where would you want to go most in the world?
- Why did you start blogging?